Thursday 8 August 2013

Summer Hols

Summer hols, Famous Five style

I'm on holidays! I can't begin to tell you how excited I am to have started my first proper, week-(plus-)long break from work in 10 whole months! And it's jam-packed full of fun and variety too.

I'm off to west-coast Ireland tomorrow for three nights...

Image source

Then to London overnight before heading on to Berlin for three nights...

Image source

Then back home in time for the weekend and a friend's birthday. Phew! Should be good! See you on the other side...

2 comments:

  1. Brilliant! I trust you enjoyed your well-deserved week. I LOVE your choice of pictures in illustration too. They're just perfect and each has its own atmosphere! I do hope that Susan (it is her, isn't it?) has pork pie for - is that George? The one for Ireland is so pleasing in its curves and the almost secret detail of the castle and trees - there's even a reflection in the water! Then Berlin is so dramatic and exciting. Is it wet, do you think? Is that the "taste of Berlin" (as per their recent alcohol ads?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's Anne, not Susan! But yes, it is George lying on the ground. Glad you enjoyed my selection of images. The one of Berlin is especially interesting as the Kaiser Wilhelm Church is the one which was all but lost in World War II - the tower is all that remains and has been kept as a memorial. And yes, it does look wet (however artists manage to achieve that look...) - very much like the downpour in the 'so schmecht Berlin' ad!

      Delete