Sunday 19 January 2014

Red-letter Day


Today marks the 40th Wedding Anniversary - or Ruby Anniversary - of my wonderful parents. He wore a light blue suit with black lapels, finished with an awesome bow tie. She wore a dress that she made herself, finished with a Juliet veil. And don't they look a gorgeous, happy couple? My dad may have shorter hair today, and doesn't wear platform shoes anymore, but little else has changed - they remain as damn good-looking and loving a couple now as they were then.

Congratulations to my dearest Papa and Mama, and here's to them having many more happy years together.

4 comments:

  1. Love their style! Made her own dress too! Lovely young long waves should be left flowing beneath the veil - not pulled into a formal and unrecognisable coiffure… I was pleased when I saw Kate Middleton's hair on her wedding day. What a darling you are to note your parents Ruby Day on your blog. Do I detect a tinge of ruby in this essentially black and white photo?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, I noticed the ruby tinge as well, but I assure you that it wasn't intentional. And I am forever impressed by my dearest mama making her wedding dress - a labour of love, literally...?

      Delete
  2. Oh bless...love that wonderful photos! What a bit of treasure to cherish and thank you for sharing a story of true love....that is so sweet and has made my day. They look absolutely gorgeous and I wish them many many years more of happiness ahead!
    May x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind words for my parents. I do feel blessed to be part of a family with parents who love each other so.

      Delete