Tuesday 25 October 2011

Halloween is Hovering on the Horizon...

Whilst searching for a night to go to this Halloween weekend, I had the strange experience of stumbling across a picture of myself from two years ago on Flickr...

Hiding in the shadows, silently casting black magic... or so it appears (Source: David Webb UK)

Has this ever happened to you?  It's slightly disconcerting...  But, I have to say, at least it's a cool picture.  Despite the fact I'm looking a tad moody, there skulking in the background whilst the other girls in the picture are grinning, I was actually having a great evening.  It was a B-Grade horror-themed event at The Fox in Shoreditch.  I stumbled across the picture as I searched to see if there was anything similar on there this year.  Alas, there doesn't appear to be (well, as far as I can make out without actually making the effort to enquire with them directly), so I've ended up looking elsewhere.

After much searching, my fellow fancy-dressing friend and I have come up with a short-list but have still yet to bite the bullet on one.  We have fabulous costumes coming together though which I hope turn out as amazingly as we're picturing them.  We're going to attempt to put together my original idea of The Birds - believe it or not, wish me luck on that one - and her costume is going to be in the same theme...  I'll leave it there for now but will be sure to share more when the moment comes!

3 comments:

  1. It is indeed a very atmospheric picture in black and white. How weird finding yourself there! I really like how you are, I think what "they" call the stillpoint in the composition of the photo.
    Wow! Your vision of The Birds may actually happen! Scarecrows have birds too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, The Birds sounds exciting! You look quite the disgruntled sorceress in that picture; it's very fun :)

    With regards to your 'Mad Men' comment on my blog - I never get that, but I do get 'Grace Kelly' from one of my friends quite a lot. He's so sweet but I do want to tell him that Grace Kelly dressed nothing like me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan Janet - Good observation about the stillpoint. I don't know enough about photography to have picked that up myself but you're absolutely right.

    Kate O - That's very sweet about your friend. I've had a few occasions where people have made similar comments where they're obviously being nice and trying to say something appropriate but don't quite know their fashion eras and style icons. That, I don't mind at all!

    ReplyDelete