Friday 24 June 2011

Tandem Time

This evening after work, my friend and I went on a ride around Clerkenwell on his newly purchased 1930s tandem bicycle. I don't think I need to say anything more than that.  1930s tandem bicycle.  Amazing.  

We may (or more truthfully, may not) have looked a little bit like this:


We did look rather fabulous though, even if I do say so myself, but rather more '40s or so than this lovely couple - me in my green suit jacket, grey shorts and grey brogues, he is in his plus-fours, knee-high socks and shirt. I think we caught some favourable attention on our cycle around the various back streets, as we passed people enjoying their evening pints outside the area's many pubs.

Our ride ended at the pub as well:


And the evening ended with this sunset:


If only every day were like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment